Thursday, January 8, 2009

Speaking of Creepy..

at 9:00pm i was on my way to the gym and as i was driving out of my street i noticed that all the cars had their high beams on. I was wondering why everyone was using their high beams when it wasn't even that foggy outside.. it made me feel kinda weird.. Then as i got to the light on Azusa/Colima i noticed that the 76 gas station on Azusa was completely dark and empty so i thought maybe they're doing some sort of maintenance or reconstruction, after all, there was a huge oil tanker truck parked in the lot.. but then i looked across the street and saw that Mobile was also completely dark and empty! It looked so creepy! Then i made a right onto colima and i noticed that the street was a lot darker than usual and that the mall was completely dark too! I guess the earthquake messed with the electricity on that block. It was so eerie seeing everything so deserted and pitch black. I felt like i was driving around in some scary apocalyptic film. Even the 99 Ranch plaza was out. I wonder how far the power went out on Colima.. 

p.s i made my first dark painting today
i needed to cover up an unfinished ugly painting i did a while ago
so i did this



i think im going to put a towel over it before i go to bed..

No comments: