Friday, February 6, 2009

I hope this doesn't offend anyone..



I officially dropped my philosophy class.
I went into the course thinking i could just BS my way through, you know?
I told myself that i would just suck it up and attempt to learn the material whether i was interested or not..
But after our 2nd lecture i realized that philosophy just wasn't for me.
I found myself on the verge of laughing at some of the concepts he was lecturing about and feeling like i was listening to a crazy man talk..
I don't know, i just feel like taking philosophy is a waste of my time..
I don't want to spend my time learning concepts/theories/ideas that are clearly dumb.
Philosophy is such an ironic subject.. 
when you think of philosophy you usually think of  knowledge,
reasoning, and "great thinkers".
i think they thought a little too much.
their explanations for reality and existence were just so far-fetched that it was hard to believe someone could actually consider some of the material to be deep and intellectual.
Don't get me wrong, i commend the philosopher's back then for attempting to rationalize the world and other things.. but you have to admit that some of them were kind of lost..
BAH hopefully i can find something else to take later

No comments: