Friday, March 20, 2009

Logo Shift

Lately i've been noticing some changes in the food industry. It's quite interesting actually how they've been slowly redesigning logos, packaging, etc. I first noticed this in the packaging and logos of sodas, then came cereal boxes, then fast food chains! I think the one that shocked me the most was Jack In The Box's new logo. I saw it in one of their new commercials and it just blew my mind! It looks so modernized but sorta retro in a way.. Infact, it seems like everything is being simplified into a more clean design. Especially the pepsi sign, how minimalistic can you get? Cereal box wise, i'm not sure if the changes are permanent or if they're just having a fun, limited time, "blast from the past" kind of thing going on. Who knows.. I'm not exactly sure why i'm so fascinated by this whole design shift but i've been trying to take pictures of everything as if i'm witnessing some revolutionary cultural change haha let me show you what i'm talking about.. I actually have alot of pictures but my arm hurts from photoshopping without a mouse :P so maybe i'll show you guys the rest next time! in the meant time... ENJOY!














1 comment:

Marina Liu said...

It kind of reminds me of the reduction of the human design to the robot, hahaha. And ew to the cereal boxes. You can change the packaging but my goodness stay AWAY from the characters!