Sunday, March 22, 2009

Rant

Sundays are church days for me. Usually after church i either hang around Hacienda Heights for dinner or i head back to Long beach to finish an art project. For some reason today, i realized i misplaced my ipod. I checked my car, asked friends to check their cars, and checked my purse but i could not find it anywhere. So after church i decided that i would stop by my house to check my room before i headed back to Long Beach. (afterall, the long drive back would be so torturous without my little musical friend) I ran upstairs hoping to find it laying somewhere on my desk or floor but it was no where to be found! Then i thought maybe i unknowingly stashed it away somewhere in the stuff i packed to bring back to school so i went back to my car to look in my Adidas bag which i already stuffed in my trunk along with my other belongings which is when i realized.. MY TRUNK WOULD NOT OPEN!! My trunk is the type that has to be opened by either a key or by pulling a lever next to the drivers seat. It has no handle on it or anything. I tried turning my key but for some reason it wouldn't let me turn it all the way! It felt like something was stuck so i assumed my laundry basket inside my trunk was in the way of some switch or something. So i drove my car around trying to break as hard as i could to move the basket and i tried opening it again. It still wouldn't open! I even tried the lever in the front but still no luck! But when i called my mom for help, and tried to show her what has happened it SOMEHOW just opened.. -.-! So we closed it and tried to open it again to make sure it would work. AND IT DIDN'T!!! INFACT AS OF RIGHT NOW IT STILL WONT OPEN!! We figured that there was something wrong with the lock. We were going to try to get into the trunk by putting down the back seats but surprisingly the back seats in my car don't go down!! I was freaking out because my LIFE is literally in my trunk. My laptop, my SLR camera, my sketch book, my cellphone charger, my clothes, my makeup, food, ETC. Oh how i regret not taking all my stuff out when i had the chance to D: i was seriously freaking out knowing that there was NO WAY of accessing my stuff. If i had a choice i would seriously break open my trunk just to get my laptop. As i have mentioned in an earlier post, my laptop is seriously my life.. It's extremely sad and dumb but it seriously is. It has my life planned out in calendar form, not to mention irreplaceable information and work!! I definitely need my MacbookPro for school AND mental stability. As i was saying, i was in desperate need to rescue my laptop from this unexpected horrid situation. My mom kept saying "DONT DENT THE CAR!" so you can imagine what i was trying to do to get the darn thing open.. After half an hour of toggling with the lock and beating up my trunk i stood there defeated by a human proof trunk. My mom suggested that i stay in Hacienda tonight so i could go to the Puente Hills Toyota dealership as soon as it opens tomorrow morning (7am GAH!). Luckily my first class tomorrow isn't until 11:00AM. Since i probably looked super unhappy, my mom's boyfriend offered to take my car to his nephew's house to see if he could offer any solutions. I didn't even know what to do with myself while i waited at home. I just wandered around my house wondering what i was going to do at school without my laptop, sketchbook, and cellphone charger.. but THANKFULLY he called back saying that they were able to pry a crack between the trunk and back seats so they had JUST enough space to reach in to get my laptop bag out. So now i have my laptop and my chargers YAY! I am beyond contempt with that. My clothes and make up are inessential as of right now. I just hope i can get back early enough to get my stuff from my dorm room to get to class on time to write an INCLASS ESSAY -.-! and get my drawing board and art bin for art class! I should really get to sleep now since i have to wake up at 6AM tomorrow... wish me luck!

No comments: