Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Taste of Freedom



So i've been back for almost a week now. I think the foreign idea of actually taking a break and enjoying myself is finally starting to set in. It feels nice to be able to sleep in and wake up having the luxury of just laying there and letting my mind wander to who knows where.. -sigh- Just when i thought i had my summer perfectly planned out, i feel as if a rug has been pulled out from underneath me. And for this i have no one to blame but me and my wishful thinking. My summer plans basically revolved around my working schedule (which would be MWF or M-W 8AM-5PM). Since the summer classes that i wanted to take conflicted with my work schedule i conveniently told myself that i would just focus on work and have fun on my days off. So even before i called in to let them know that i was thinking about coming back this summer to work, i totally disregarded all the summer session applications and notices; after-all, last summer the art director did say that i could come back anytime i was free to work again. so dumb of me to rely on that T_T I called in on Monday and john (Mr. art director man) said he'd have to call me back because he needed time to figure out where he could put me because all the desks were full. Nooooooo. He finally called me back today and said that there was no way they could make more desk room so even if he wanted me to come back, there was nothing he could do about it :[ Although i am disappointed in the fact that i am joblessness, with out a class to take, goal-less, basically a nasty summer bum.. i am not as worried or sad about it as i might sound :P I mean i guess it's for the better. I shouldn't get used to things like awesome summer internships just being basically handed to me. I need to work harder towards what i want so i don't take things for granted and i need to have back up plans because things don't always follow through like i imagine them to. So what now you might ask? Good question.

No comments: